The Millbrook Rod & Gun club is a members-only club incorporated in 1941. All members are “owner-members” and our by-laws limit membership to 40 members.
The Club owns approximately 120 acres of contiguous land bisected by Woodstock Road in rural Town of Washington. We share a common border with Orvis Sandanona, the first incorporated shooting preserve in the country.
Much of the property is wooded and the Club has committed approximately 100 acres in the 480-A forest management program through the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation. The program encourages the long-term ownership of woodlands to produce forest crops in the state. Forest management and wildlife stewardship are important considerations for our membership. We are also a member of New York Forest Owners Association.
Club members enjoy a variety of clay target shooting opportunities including skeet, trap and 5-stand. Deer hunting is also available to members only on a first come-first served opportunity to insure a safe hunt. Members who take advantage of the deer hunting are required to “check-in” and “check-out” and mark their location on a map of the property. Turkey and small game hunting is also available to members only.
The Club holds several events each year including a game dinner, pig roast, trophy skeet shoot, various raffles, and tower shoots. The Club is a member club of the Dutchess County Federation of Fish & Game Clubs. We have always had a philosophy of passing on the heritage of hunting and shooting with the next generation and as such host NYSDEC Hunter Safety classes.